Reporting new hires electronically benefits employers in a number of ways:
- Saves on paper, processing time, and postage;
- Reduces the likelihood of errors;
- Helps to avoid rejected records because of unreadable or missing information;
- Qualifies Multistate employers for "Multistate"
new hire reporting; and
- Allows employers with many work sites to centralize their new hire reporting.
There are two ways employers can report electronically:
- Online Reporting: Employers can use our Web site to report their new hires
online. Confirmations of reports received are provided each time an employer reports
using this feature. Click here to register for
- Electronic Reporting: Employers can export their new hire information from
their payroll or human resources software into a file that meets our layout specifications.
Most software manufacturers provide technical support, and some software manufacturers
have recently added electronic new hire reporting options to their latest upgrades.
Please contact your payroll or human resources software manufacturers for electronic
new hire reporting availability, or click here
for our file submission layout to create your own file. You will only need
our file submission layout if you find that your HR or Payroll software is not already
set up to automatically create electronic new hire reports.
Payroll companies also provide employers with automatic electronic new hire reporting
as an extra service. If you have questions regarding this service, please contact
your payroll service company directly.
How to Send us a File
Alternatively, you can submit your new hire data file using one of the methods listed
- Secure Web transfer through this Web site;
click here to register.
- Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), using
your existing Internet connection and a Windows compatible FTP client called FileZilla.
Click here to view instructions.
- CD-R sent to our mailing address.
- Encrypted e-mail files can also be sent to the Center. We will only accept encrypted
files via e-mail; new hire reports sent via e-mail without encryption will not be
Our goal is to make reporting your new hires as easy as possible. If you have any
questions about electronic reporting or require technical assistance, please contact us.