Reporting new hires electronically benefits employers in a number of ways:
- Saves on paper, processing time, and postage.
- Reduces the likelihood of errors.
- Helps to avoid rejected records because of unreadable or missing
- Qualifies Multistate employers for "Multistate" new hire
- Allows employers with many work sites to centralize their new hire reporting.
There are two ways employers can report electronically:
Online reporting - Employers can use our web site to report their new
hires online. Confirmations of reports received are provided each time an
employer reports using this feature. Click here
to register for online reporting.
Electronic reporting - Employers can export their new
hire information from their payroll or human resources software into a file that
meets our layout specifications. Most software manufacturers provide technical
support, and some software manufacturers have recently added electronic new hire
reporting options to their latest upgrades.
Please contact your payroll or human resources software manufacturers for
electronic new hire reporting availability, or click here for our file
submission layout to create your own file. You will only need our file
submission layout if you find that your HR or Payroll software is not already set up
to automatically create electronic new hire reports.
Payroll companies also provide employers with automatic electronic new hire
reporting as an extra service. If you have questions regarding this service,
please contact your payroll service company directly.
How to Send us a File
Alternatively, you can submit your new hire data file using one of the methods listed
- Secure Web transfer through this web site; click here
- SSL File Transfer Protocol using your existing Internet connection. Click here to view instructions.
- 3.5" IBM formatted diskette sent to our mailing address.
- Reel tape or cartridges, 9-track reel, or 36-track cartridge (3480/3490),
sent to our mailing address.
Our goal is to make reporting your new hires as easy as
possible. If you have any questions about electronic reporting or require technical assistance,
please contact us.